Christmas in London
Christmas will again be upon us in a few short weeks. It is a magical time of year to visit London, and there is a wide variety of seasonal attractions in the city surrounding your luxury Serviced Apartments London to delight visitors of all ages. Sometimes, if you’re really lucky, you will even get to experience London under a blanket of snow...
Here is just a tiny snippet of what there is to see and do in London this festive season...
London puts on a dazzling display of Christmas lights. Step out from your serviced apartment in Mayfair after dark and check out some of London’s best displays:
- Regent Street
- Duke of York Square
- Carnaby Street, Soho
- Oxford Street
Located in East London’s Victoria Park (Mile End or Bethnal Green Tube Stations), Winterville is magical temporary town and a festive attraction with eating, drinking, dancing, skating, and much more. The Winter Night Garden is an enchanted forest setting for classic Christmas movie showings; there is a Plonk Crazy Golf winter putting challenge; as well as pantomimes and performances by the Moscow State Circus and African Whirlwind. Kids can visit Santa’s Grotto, and the Victorian Themed Bizarre Bazaar market offers mulled wine, real ale, hot chocolate and fantastic street food. Don’t miss the tall Ferris wheel.
Hogwarts in the Snow
Hop on a train for a jiffy 15 minutes ride from London Euston near Presidential Aparthotel London and isit Warner Bros Studio London (nearest tube station is Watford) for the festive transformation of the Hogwarts set between November 13 the, 2015, and January 31st , 2016. Fans of Harry Potter young and old will thrill at the vision that is Hogwarts in winter: snow that never melts, flames without fire, the Gryffindor common room, and the highlight of the Great Hall of Hogwarts decorated with trees, garlands, wreaths, and long tables bursting with festive fare.
Iconic London Ice Rinks
London’s famous seasonal ice rinks open at the end of October and are a popular venue for the winter months. They include the following rinks, all minutes from your Central London Serviced Apartments Marylebone
- Natural History Museum, Kensington – in the courtyard around a central Christmas tree, this rink is open until January 3rd. Adults must try the mulled wine during a rest off the ice.
- Hyde Park’s Ski Zillertal Ice Rink is arguably the largest in the UK, and is centred around the Victorian bandstand in the Winter Wonderland that the park becomes over the festive season. Open between November 2oth and January 3rd, the ice rink is a wonderland of one hundred thousand fairy lights.
- Somerset House hosts the Fortnum and Mason Ice Rink, which features a Skate School, Polar Cub Club, Club Nights for the adults,Jazz Skate partnered with London Jazz Festival,Fortnum’s Lodge après restaurant and bar, and the Christmas Arcade. Open November 18th– January 10th.
- The Tower of London’s moat will this year be transformed into a unique ice rink between November 20th and January 4thlarge
- Hampton Court Palace, a short distance outside London, celebrates five hundred years this year, and the seasonal ice rink has this impressive mediaeval home of kings as a beautiful backdrop.
Booking is highly recommended.