Great Christmas Shows in London 2015
News & Updates / November 23, 2015
London and Theatre go hand in hand like Santa and Rudolph, and Christmas is a fantastic time in the city for Seasonal shows. There truly is something for everyone, and when you stay in Marylebone serviced apartments, you are perfectly positioned for easy access to a vast array of these theatrical entertainment options.
Here are just a few ideas for entertainment at Christmas 2015, to delight children, adults, or both...
- A Christmas Carol is the epitome of the London Christmas Classic, and between November 30th 2015 and January 30th 2016, it will be performed at Covent Garden’s Noel Coward Theatre on St Martin’s Lane. Legendary actor Jim Broadbent plays Ebenezer Scrooge.
- Jules Verne’s classic Around the World in 80 Days will play at St James Theatre between November 26th and January 17th. Come and follow Phileas Fogg and his valet as they travel the world in what, to the Victorians, was record time.
- Minutes away on tube from your luxury serviced apartments London, experience some magic at the Royal Albert Hall in Knightsbridge from December 28th to January 2nd, with The Nutcracker on Ice. This classic and atmospheric Seasonal ballet on ice will delight audience members of all ages.
- A new adaptation of The Lorax will play at Southwark’s Old Vic from December 2nd until January 16th. The story of Dr Seuss’s kooky Lorax who is on a mission to protect the planet from corporate greed is great fun and suitable for all ages.
- Productions of plays by William Shakespeare are abundant in London this Christmas Season. As You Like It is playing at the National Theatre in Southbank until March 2016; it is an eccentric production of one of the Bard’s most unusual plays. The Barbican Centre is showing Henry IV Part I and Henry IV Part II from mid December until January 23rd, as well as Henry V over the same period. And at The Young Vic in Southwark, Macbeth is presented (November 26th to January 16th) in an intriguing production incorporating dance.
- Les Liaisons Dangereuses (Dangerous Liaisons), starring Dominic West, Janet McTeer, and Downton Abbey’s Michelle Dockery will enthral adult audiences at the Donmar Warehouse in Covent Garden from December 11th until February 13th.
- For something really different, go to the Spiegeltent at the South Bank for La Soiree: a melding of circus, burlesque, cabaret and vaudeville. Think contortionists, jugglers, clowns, actors, and much more. It runs until January 17th.
- The dramatic dark comedy piece Bull is a shocking but highly rated play about the very worst kind of workplace bullying; it is a brutal antidote for those looking to escape all things Christmassy. It is harsh but riveting, and well worth seeing if you enjoy dramatic theatre (adults only). Playing at the Young Vic from December 11th until January 9th.